Royal Pedic R-P Natural Organic Cotton Mattress with Wool Wrap
By Royal Pedic
This version of our R-P Natural Organic Cotton Mattress includes our chemical free, French Wool wrap and layering of organic cotton. The French Wool is directly underneath the covering to provide a natural fire barrier to the inner organic cotton layers to pass the Federal laws. It is our most popular hand tufted organic innerspring mattress construction, and offers firm, orthopedic support. (Optional R-P Natural Organic Pillowtop Pads will provide a plusher feel).
Overall mattress height to the floor is approximately 23” with our 8½” mattress. 7¾” thick box spring, and 7" metal frame. (Optional pillowtop pads will increase overall height).
Doctor’s note from an M.D. or D.C. is not required for this organic model because it contains our French Wool Wrap, which naturally provides a fire barrier to pass Federal standards.
- The R-P Natural Organic Cotton w/Wool Wrap Mattress features our double heat tempered, Royal-Flex® 630i Innerspring System designed in Switzerland. The innerspring unit contains approximately 68% more coils compared to the industry standard. The coils in the mattress are open ended, unknotted, six turn coils providing more flexibility, which means greater sensitivity to body contours, overall body support and relaxation. T-Spring Side Supports are installed around the perimeter of the spring system to provide edge firmness and support.
- Our skilled craftsmen hand layer the organic staple cotton padding on each side of the innerspring unit to ensure a consistent, supportive sleeping surface. Over 50 pounds of pre-compressed organic staple cotton go into making a king size R-P Natural Organic Cotton w/Wool Wrap Mattress! No polyurethane foam padding is in the mattress, so you have lasting support for your body and a healthier sleeping environment.
- The layers of organic cotton padding are supported by our heavy duty, 10oz. 100% organic cotton canvas fabric to prevent the cotton from pocketing into the coils. In comparison, many brands of mattresses use a support pad that is comprised of ground up scraps of various synthetic scraps of materials that are glued to a nylon webbed backing.
- The layers of organic cotton are surrounded by layering of our chemical free French Wool directly underneath the organic cotton covering to provide a naturally resistant fire barrier to meet Federal and State codes without the use of toxic chemicals. The French wool also provides resistance to dust mites, dissipates moisture, and helps keep mattress surface temperature comfortable with its natural temperature stabilizing properties.
- The inner organic cotton padding is encased in our 100% organic cotton ticking woven in the U.S. and Peru, which ventilates body heat, is free of chemicals, and is durable. In contrast, most brands of mattresses use shinny polyester fabrics that contain chemical flame retardant.
- The mattress is hand tufted the old fashioned way with European tufting straps to further pre-compress the organic cotton padding for orthopedic back support. We do not use buttons to tuft our mattresses because buttons have a tendency to turn on their side creating an uncomfortable sleeping surface.
Please contact for delivery charges if you are not in our local area.